Whether at the seaside or in the mountains, Provence is full of trails with landscapes that are as magnificent and exotic, one as much as the other!
Due to its proximity to the sea and the mountains, the Dolce Fregate resort allows you to explore these different environments to take advantage of a privileged moment with nature.
Hiking is above all an activity where one can be with oneself while being aware of the nature that surrounds us. It is also accessible to all: young and old, with family or alone, everyone can find something that suits him/her.
If you wish to marvel at the beauty of the Mediterranean, you can then walk along the sea on the coastal path to discover a preserved nature while enjoying the amazing view, with the scent of iodine and pine... With 200 km of trails, you have plenty to walk!
For those who prefer the mountains, there are also several hiking trails in the Massif des Maures, the Massif de l'Estérel, or in the Verdon Regional Natural Park, one of the most renowned sites in the region.
The VisitVar site also offers docent-guided nature walks to best discover the natural environment of the Var. There are also three categories of guided nature walks:
- Discovery walks: accessible to all, they are footpath walks, of short duration, without physical demand and which do not fall under the Sport’s Code. They are similar to "guided tours" in the natural environment.
- Introductory walks: these guided walks are considered easy and fall under the Sport’s Code.
- Sports walks: these guided walks are of a more difficult nature and fall under the Sport’s Code.
The Guided Nature Walks also offer:
- Departures available throughout the year.
- Affordable rates.
- Free admission for children under 8 years old and an advantageous rate for children aged 8-12 (50% of the adult rate) for all discovery walks (unless stated otherwise in the walks description).